On January 1, I posted a blog with a series of resolutions for the year. Let’s see how I’ve done so far, shall we?
1. Jacob, Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.
So far, so good, I think. I’ve been spending lots of time with him, and Donna and I even tried to take him ice skating on Sunday. Of course, I didn’t make it once around the rink before I fell, hard, on my hand and my knee. Ouch. And Jacob only made it about 30 minutes before total meltdown. So winter sports, clearly, are not for us.
2. Continue to write nearly every weekend.
Yes. I only skipped the weekend that Jacob was home, so that’s good.
3. Submit manuscript to at least 5 contests.
Well on my way – I have sent it out to
0 4 contests so far (Georgetown, AWP, Sarabande and Tupelo, in case you were wondering), and I have a handful more lined up.
5. Complete NaPoMo.
Clearly I can’t do anything about that right now.
6. Spend more time geocaching.
Not yet. Snow, snow and more snow have sort of interfered there.
7. Participate in Donna’s Poetry Tow Truck exercises.
Yes! I did one, anyway. And I plan to do more.
8. Participate in the Small Stones project.
Meh. No go on this one. I’ve decided to strike it from the list.
9. Actually get back to Nic Sebastian on that Voice Alpha guest-blog invite. And maybe write a guest-blog.
10. School, school, school.
Working on it.
11. Think about finding a new job, or learn to balance work/life more appropriately in this one.
12. Act less on impulse and more out of kindness.
Yes, working on it.
13. Weed out the negativity.
Slowly but surely, I think I am.
14. Make time to blog twice a week (it stimulates the muses, you know).
Fail in actuality. But on average? So far, so good.
15. Take more pictures.
Hm. Not yet.
16. Stick with kickboxing.
17. Lose some weight.
I mean, overall, not too bad. Right?